Your Legacy and The Bravo Society
– Ensure future generations will share your passion for opera –
Opera Santa Barbara’s Bravo Society was established for individuals who want to leave a lasting legacy to ensure opera will live on in Santa Barbara for future generations. You can play a leading role in continuing the company’s work by joining this vital donor community.
Ways to Join
Include Opera SB, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, in your estate plan, most of which have positive tax implications for you and your loved ones.
Make a gift now to Opera Santa Barbara’s Endowment Fund to help provide essential fiscal stability to the company.
Let Opera SB know about your estate planning intentions by completing and returning this non-binding Declaration of Intent form.
Consult your financial and tax advisors to select a giving strategy that works best for you. Here are some ways to support Opera SB in your estate plan:
- Leaving a bequest of a percentage of your estate or a specific dollar amount in your living will or trust
- Including Opera SB as a beneficiary of a Life Insurance Policy
- Tax-efficient gifts from Individual Retirement Accounts
- Establishing a Charitable Trust or Charitable Lead Trust
- Including Opera SB in a Donor Advised Fund
- Making bequests of property, works of art, jewelry, and other such assets
- Make a gift now to support OSB’s Endowment to provide essential fiscal stability
Designating the Purpose of Your Bequest
Unrestricted: The most useful type of bequest is unrestricted, allowing the funds to be allocated by Opera SB wherever the need is greatest.
Restricted: You may designate your bequest to support a special program or purpose that reflects your personal or professional interest such as singer fees, education programs for youth, free community concerts, or mainstage opera productions. In the remote possibility a specified purpose may cease to need funds in the future, an alternate use for a bequest may be determined and approved by the Opera SB board.
Opera Santa Barbara Endowment Fund: Opera SB maintains a separate Endowment fund for all bequests and designated donations that is administered with board-approved investment guidelines and annual distribution amounts.
Contact Opera SB
If you have questions about the Bravo Society or you would like to support Opera SB’s Endowment Fund with a gift now, please contact Nina Dunbar, Opera Santa Barbara Director of Development at (805) 898-3890 or at [email protected].