Join the The Bravo Society
– Ensure future generations will share your passion for opera –
Opera Santa Barbara’s Bravo Society was established for individuals who want to leave a lasting legacy to ensure opera will live on in Santa Barbara for future generations. You can play a leading role in continuing the company’s work by joining this vital donor community.
- Include Opera SB, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, in your estate plan, most of which have positive tax implications for you and your loved ones.
- Make a gift now to Opera Santa Barbara’s Endowment Fund to help provide essential fiscal stability to the company.
- Let Opera SB know about your estate planning intentions by completing and returning this non-binding Declaration of Intent form.
Consult your financial and tax advisors to select a giving strategy that works best for you. Here are some ways to support Opera SB in your estate plan:
- Leaving a bequest of a percentage of your estate or a specific dollar amount in your living will or trust
- Including Opera SB as a beneficiary of a Life Insurance Policy
- Tax-efficient gifts from Individual Retirement Accounts
- Establishing a Charitable Trust or Charitable Lead Trust
- Including Opera SB in a Donor Advised Fund
- Making bequests of property, works of art, jewelry, and other such assets
- Make a gift now to support OSB’s Endowment to provide essential fiscal stability
Designating the Purpose of Your Bequest
Unrestricted: The most useful type of bequest is unrestricted, allowing the funds to be allocated by Opera SB wherever the need is greatest.
Restricted: You may designate your bequest to support a special program or purpose that reflects your personal or professional interest such as singer fees, education programs for youth, free community concerts, or mainstage opera productions. In the remote possibility a specified purpose may cease to need funds in the future, an alternate use for a bequest may be determined and approved by the Opera SB board.
Opera Santa Barbara Endowment Fund: Opera SB maintains a separate Endowment fund for all bequests and designated donations that is administered with board-approved investment guidelines and annual distribution amounts.
Contact Opera SB
If you have questions about the Bravo Society or you would like to support Opera SB’s Endowment Fund with a gift now, please contact Nina Dunbar, Opera Santa Barbara Director of Development at (805) 898-3890 or at [email protected].