Marketing Manager Position
A position for an individual who is interested in a career in marketing and content management, and possesses creative, technical, and organizational skills to lead marketing campaigns for Opera Santa Barbara.
The Marketing Manager will have a strong focus on learning Opera Santa Barbara’s marketing and digital content strategies and procedures while providing new insights and processes for an ambitious non-profit organization that produces professional live performances featuring nationally recognized performing and creative artists. This role is a key part of our highly-motivated, growth-mindset team, which encourages initiative and creative thinking. Room for advancement. Onboarding period will be part-time.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Social Media, Digital Content, and Website information: Coordinate and oversee OSB’s social media platforms and content in accordance with the organization’s overall vision with an objective of growth
- Curate and publish regular content and manage day-to-day social media operations across OSB’s owned digital channels including, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, website blog, etc.
- Manage and sustain relationships with other local social media accounts to promote OSB programming and events.
- Work with Team OSB in creating, producing, and sharing digital content (blog posts/articles, interviews, video/wrap-around content).
- Update content to website including programming, digital content, events, blog posts, and manage best practices for SEO.
- Track analytics and metrics both for social media and website for better optimization.
- Marketing Campaigns and Strategy: Assist in planning and executing marketing campaigns for mainstage events to optimize ticket sales
- Help develop advertising budgets for print and digital across a variety of platforms and interface with publication contacts in setting up schedule and ad spend.
- Create and send out press releases to media outlets and publish events on city-wide calendars.
- Seek opportunities for cross-promotions among other arts and non-profit organizations.
- Track and modify digital spend for Google Adwords campaigns and social media. Gather data on promotional performance and impact.
- Curate and pitch events/previews to print publications, establish relationships with reviewers, ensure requested comp tickets, thank-yous for reviews, and permissions to quote.
- Produce Marketing Material – Create and coordinate effective marketing collateral
Design and create digital advertising collateral for social media, newsletter, email, website, etc. Work with Team OSB on photoshoot, event branding and overall aesthetic.
- Design and create print advertising including ads for various local publications, postcards, posters, etc. Coordinate mailing address lists and maintain relationships with other orgs .
- Responsible for content (including advertising and in-kind ads), printing and distribution of programs for each opera.
- Familiarity with Photoshop or Canva is beneficial.
- Patron Communications – Maintain regular communication with patrons with both sales and non-sales content
- Create and execute a messaging timeline for ticketed events.
- Responsible for monthly newsletter creation and send out in a timely manner.
- Create email blasts for special events, programs, offers, etc.
- Track and clean up email lists and execute best practices for healthy list growth.
- Create post performance surveys and track responses.
- Assist in production and distribution of promotional materials (or coordination of vendors) for special events including gala invitations, postcards, reception invites, etc.
- Vendor and Agency relationships – Work with outside vendors and agencies in regards to any strategies, digital best practices, printing and design needs, etc.
- Maintain relationships with vendors who support collateral creation including printing companies, designers, and local businesses who help to cross-promote OSB.
- When working with agencies or other companies, incorporate best practices in regards to advertising, sales strategies, social media, etc. This includes Google Adwords consultants, ticketing data consultants, social media marketers.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 2-3 years related work experience in a related field
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Content organization and management skills
- Must be efficient, work quickly and love generating ideas and putting them into action.
- Proficiency in digital design programs such as: Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Canva
Team OSB Key Competencies:
- Fast communicator
- Comfortable in fast-paced environments
- Creative thinker
- Growth mindset
- Technology Savvy
- Integrity and Courage
- Sense of humor
Salary: Depending on experience.
Please contact Joyce Familara at [email protected] to send your resume and cover letter. Thank you. If you have any questions, please contact (805) 898 3890.