We’re hiring! Education/Outreach Manager
*Update! The position has been filled. Please check our Employment Opportunities page for any openings in the future.
Opera Santa Barbara is hiring! We are looking for an Education & Outreach Manager to join our team. This individual will coordinate and oversee all Opera SB’s education activities including The Opera Lab and Santa Barbara Youth Opera.
If you have a passion for arts education and a taste for opera this might be a perfect fit! Interested parties should email a cover letter and one-page resume to [email protected] (Kostis Protopapas, Artistic & General Director, Opera Santa Barbara). Email submissions only.
Opera Santa Barbara is an equal opportunity employer.
OPERA SANTA BARBARA
Education and Outreach Manager-Job Description
Title: Education and Outreach Manager
Department: Education and Outreahc
Reports to: Artistic and General Director
Classification: Half-time, exempt.
Employment Status: W2 Employee
GENERAL SCOPE OF POSITION
• Coordinate and oversee all of OSB’s Education activities, in accordance with the organization’s overall vision
• Develop and implement education strategies with an objective of growth
• Prepare and manage Education budget
• Supervise any Education staff and volunteers
• Act as a staff liaison to the Education Committee of the Board of Directors
• Ensure that education activities are aligned with the organization’s overall goals and priorities.
• Develop and maintain a network of relationships that will result in substantial access to schools, with emphasis in under-served or low-income communities
• Work with teachers and principals to organize student attendance at Final Dress rehearsals and Student Matinee performances
• Schedule and oversee OSB’s in-school Opera Lab Program
• Co-ordinate the activities of the SB Youth Opera
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with teachers and school principals
• Develop and propose new education and outreach programs
• Research and pursue funding for Education programs
• Serve as spokesperson for OSB as assigned
• Substantial experience working in public school systems required
• Experience as a school teacher preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Background in drama or music preferred
• Substantial command of Microsoft Office Suite and standard online productivity platforms required
• Strong oral and written communication skills required
• Ability to work evenings and weekends when necessary
OSB KEY COMPETENCIES
• Fast communicator
• Comfortable in fast-paced environments
• Creative thinker
• Growth mindset
• Technology Savvy
• Integrity and Courage
• Sense of humor