Become an Artist Host
Opera Santa Barbara brings some of the United States’ finest performers and creative teams to create the productions you see on our stage. Our ability to bring these artists to Santa Barbara is dependent on our Artist Hosts; it's your hospitality that enables live opera of the highest quality to flourish in our community!
The Host Program is an invaluable aspect of what we do. The reason is twofold: opening your homes allows OSB to put our dollars toward presenting the top-quality opera productions you see on our stage, rather than diverting these funds to hotel accommodations. In addition, this personal connection allows our artists (who are on the road for many months of the year) to feel truly at home during their stay in Santa Barbara, and eager to return.
Artist Hosts provide each artist with a private bedroom, bathroom, access to a kitchen, and an internet connection. The artists provide their own food, entertainment and transportation. Artists are in Santa Barbara for about 4 weeks for our mainstage productions.
If you’ve hosted an artist before, we hope you’ll continue to do so; if you’ve enjoyed your experience, please tell your friends!Each Artist Host will receive:
• Two tickets for the production in which your artist performs. Value: $200.
• Admission to our opening and/or closing nights parties. Value: $150.
• A $100 cash stipend to offset any utility expenses incurred.
• Listing as an Artist Host in our program book.Our primary hosting needs for the 2014-2015 Season are:
• Rigoletto [Approx. Oct 10 – Nov 10, 2014; performances Nov 7 & 9, 2014]
• L'italiana in Algeri [Approx. Feb 10 – Mar 9, 2014; performances Mar 6 & 8, 20135]
• A Streetcar Naned Desire [Approx. April 1 – 27, 2015; performances Apr 24 & 26, 2015]
To become an Artist Host, or for further information, please email email@example.com or call 805.898.3890.
It is with the sincerest gratitude that Opera Santa Barbara
thanks our Artist Hosts:
Allan & Joyce Anderson
Greg & Debbie Armstrong
Marlyn Bernard Bernstein
Peter & Deborah Bertling
Jo Ann & Howard Chase
Diane Dodds & David Reichert
Ralph & Nancy Edebo
Milt & Cecia Hess
Rich & Luci Janssen
Mark Kandola & Liz Keate
Ron & Becky Mulder
Stan & Edie Ostern
Lois Phillips & Dennis Thompson
Brian & Paksy Plackis-Cheng
David Rivette & Farzi Yayavi
Eric & Sandy Seale
Gene Sinser & Patty DeDominic
Alan & Laura Smith
Tom & Susan Washing
Jim & Marcia Wolfe
Homa & Margie Yahyavi